Assessed health-related computerization projects. Reviewed the legal and regulatory constraints. Proposed required human resources and capacity building activities for a viable eHealth strategy in Burkina Faso and Niger.
- Reviewed the national ICT policy and the implementation plans;
- Reviewed the national policy of the Government as regards health;
- Gathered all relevant documentation available at the national, regional and international levels in connection with the development strategy of the sector of health, while taking into account the policies of convergence of the Economic and Monetary Union of West Africa of the States (EMUWAS) and the Economic Community of West Africa States (ECOWAS);
- Completed an inventory of computerization projects in the health sector by taking account of work already completed at the national level in the field of ICT;
- Completed an inventory of the infrastructures, applications, services and other tools already operational in both the public and private sector, with emphasis on under-served areas;
- Prepared the requirements for priority tools and/or systems that can contribute to the implementation of the eHealth strategy for the next five (5) years;
- Proposed a re-engineering of the national health system to take advantage of eHealth;
- Proposed applications, infrastructure, priority services or tools and systems priority for next the 5 years.